Parents and Families - Do you need Tech Support? Try one of the options below.
1. Call the Parent Technology Help Desk at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS). This will be answered by staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week. Please specify if you need an interpreter when you call.
Parent Technology Help Desk
The Parent Technology Help Desk can be reached at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS) and will be answered by staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week. Please specify if you need an interpreter when you call.
Stay updated with what's happening at FCPS with News You Choose
Problems with Audio and Video - Computer
|Video - Enable Audio and Video in Chrome|
1. Run the audio and video setup within Blackboard Collaborate.
2. If that doesn't solve the issue, click on the video icon in the address bar.
3. Click on Manage.
4. Open the settings and set the camera and microphone to Allow.
- FCPS 24-7 Learning provides parents access to available courses the student is enrolled in. Parents and students login using the same credentials as logging in to SIS.
- Family Support Link: FCPS family supports for Blackboard 24/7
- Padlet is an online bulletin board for students to post and collaborate, encouraging collaboration online. Students will use their @fcpsschools.net account to access Padlet.
- Family Support Link: Padlet tutorial for families
- EdPuzzle is an engagement tool which requires students to actively watch videos and respond to questions throughout the video. Videos can be posted directly from their teachers or through youtube. Students use their @fcpsschools.net account to log in to EdPuzzle.
- Family Support Link: EdPuzzle family support resources
- Flipgrid is a website that allows teachers to create "grids" to facilitate video discussions. Each grid is like a message board where teachers can pose questions, called "topics," and their students can post video responses that appear in a tiled grid display. Students use their @fcpsschools.net accounts to log in to flipgrid.
- Family Support Link: Family resources for flipgrid
- A controlled environment in which FCPS students, faculty, and staff can communicate, store files and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Collaboration can occur in real-time, all within a secure FCPS-managed online environment. The use of these tools provides an approved alternative to consumer Google accounts. G Suite for Education includes the following apps for students: Calendar, Classroom, Contacts, Draw, Drive, Docs, Keep, Forms, Mail, Sheets, Slides, Sites, and Tasks. Students use their @fcpsschools.net accounts to access the G-Suite.
- Family Support Link: Explanation of G-Suite tools and tutorials
- Pear Deck is an interactive presentation tool used to actively engage students during learning. Teachers create presentations using their Google Drive account. Students log into the presentation with unique access codes and interact with questions while teachers monitor student and whole-class progress. Students will use their @fcpsschools.net account to access PearDeck.
- Family Support Link: PearDeck family resources